|Summer Semester 21|
Courses in the SS 21
- Intensivseminar American Studies - zugangsbeschränkt
- Quality TV: A Transatlantic Perspective
- 19th- and 20th-Century Drama - Blockseminar
- The Whiteboard: Presenting Cultural Studies Research
- Oberseminar Amerikanistik - zugangsbeschränkt
- Historical Storytelling from Novel to TV Series
- A list of courses in past semesters can be found here.
Responsibilities & Research Interests
- Amerikanistik; Literature, the arts, and performative cultures of Romanticism; rapture, pleasure and the aesthetics of the affects; US-American popular cultures since the 19th century; melodrama in old and new media; Modernism and Postmodernism; performative and immersive aspects of literature, theater, film, and digital media; video games, game studies; urban soundscapes; media and the city; green-building standards from a cultural-studies perspective; forms of comedy in US-American city culture; sitcoms; gender studies; masculinity studies; the function of skin in US-American texts since 1800.